The Philippines consists of 7,641 islands. It is no wonder why a good majority of the best beaches in the world can be found in our country. For a solo traveler who yearns for adventures such as beach-hopping for the first time, it can be quite overwhelming especially for foreign tourists. Now, the question is—Where to go?
If you wish to go from beach-to-beach, or seek haven to lay back, unwind, and have a glimpse of paradise, here is a lonely traveler’s guide to find the best beach resorts in the Philippines.
Batangas, one of the provinces in Luzon, is home to a number of the most sought-after beaches near Metro Manila, and the three major hotspots here are Calatagan, Brgy. Anilao in Mabini, and Nasugbu.
Calatagan is located between Balayan Bay and South China Sea. Cerulean waters waves back to its cream-colored sandbars that can be accessed via boat-for-rent from the resorts within the area.
The travel time from Metro Manila takes about 2 hours via Tagaytay-Nasugbu Highway. Here are the must-see beach resorts in Calatagan:
- Sunrise Cove, address: Brgy. Bagong Silang, Calatagan
- Lago de Oro Hotel, address: Balibago, Calatagan
- Spring Beach Front House, address: 209 Apacible Street, Calatagan
Anilao can be found in the municipality of Mabini. The popularity of its beaches defines the place, especially that it is considered as one of the most visited coastal towns in Batangas. It takes about a 2-hour drive from Metro Manila to get there. Below are the best beach resorts in Anilao:
- Vivere Azure Resort, address: Aguada San Teodoro, Anilao
- La Chevrerie Resort and Spa, address: 0252 Ligaya, Anilao
- Buceo Anilao Beach and Dive Resort, address: Sitio Balanoy, San Teodoro, Anilao
Third on the list is Nasugbu, one of the first developed municipalities in Batangas due to the increasing volume of tourists. Among all other beach spots in Batangas, it has the most number of choices in terms of established resorts in the province. It only takes about two and a half hours from Metro Manila via Tagaytay-Nasugbu Highway to get there. Below are some of the best beach resorts in Nasugbu:
- Pico Sands Hotel, address: Pico de Loro Cove, Hamilo Coast, Nasugbu
- Canyon Cove Hotel & Spa, address: Far East Road, Piloto Wawa, Natipuan, Nasugbu
- Club Punta Fuego, address: Balaytigue, Balaytigui, Nasugbu
Another province in South Luzon that boasts of its long list of majestic beaches is Quezon Province. Here are some of the best beach resorts in Quezon:
- Dalampasigan Beach Resort, address: Barangay
Guis– guis, Sariaya
- Tamarind Tree Beach Resort, address: Punta, Padre Burgos
- Real Coast and Surf, address: Malapad, Real
Palawan is one of the best, if not THE best, islands in the Philippines. It is home to the most captivating spots and beaches that purely invigorates your body and soul.
- El Nido Resorts Pangulasian Island, address: El Nido, Palawan Island
- Club Paradise, address: Dimakya Island, Mimaropa
- Secret Paradise Resort and Turtle Sanctuary, address: Port Barton, San Vicente, Palawan Island
The internationally renowned Boracay Island remains to be the top spot of every traveler’s list. This prestigious island is located at Aklan, which is home to the most favored beach resorts in the country.
- The Lind, address: Station 1, Boracay
- Coast Boracay, address: Station 2, Boracay
- Asya Premier Suites, address: Station 3, Boracay
See something that you like? Ready your budget and plan out your trip. Go out there and get the best beach experience.
Angelo Castelda is a freelance writer and digital nomad who loves to travel around Asia. He finds comfort in working around the beautiful islands and beaches of the Philippines, which is where he usually draws inspiration when writing.
Information sourced by the author for luxuryactivist.com. All content is copyrighted with no reproduction rights available. Images are for illustration purposes only.