Tag: model 2c
Good Morning ladies! Today is International Women’s Day -- which means it’s time to celebrate women and their economic, political, and social achievements around the world. Join FashionTV as we dedicate our “Top 10” list to the most powerful women in fashion!
Scroll down and see which females we think are flying the flag in fashion.
No.1: Lady Gaga
Karl Lagerfeld once said of Lady Gaga: “I hate average, and she is anything but average,” and nothing could be truer of the 26-year-old American style icon. Gaga is not only recognised on the Forbes 2012 list of world’s most Powerful Women, earning a whopping $52 million last year, but she has totally transformed the female image and attitude towards fashion. With her no-nonsense, risk-taking character and radical attire, Gaga continues to lead the tradition of using clothing as performance art and earned herself the title of FashionTV’s No.1 Power Woman in Fashion.
- In September 2012, Gaga featured on the front cover of Vogue for a second time, in their biggest issue of the year.
- She appeared on the catwalk as a surprise guest at millner to the stars; Philip Treacy’s Spring 2013 show in London.
- Launched the “Body Revolution 2013” campaign on her Little Monsters site to encourage women to love their bodies.
No.2: Tyra Banks
Tyra Banks is all brains and all beauty. Not only was she the first African-American to model for Victoria’s Secret and feature as Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Edition cover girl, but she also has a degree in Business from Harvard University! Banks has since broken into the television industry with hit TV shows like “America’s Next Top Model,” has her own production company, and just been named as the most popular model on social media with over 12 million collective fans! And with an estimated worth of $90 million... next up: it’s world domination!
No.3: Donatella Versace
Though she was a socialite and muse to brother Gianni, Donatella Versace took over creative control of the house of Versace when her brother died in 1997 and has since been the driving force behind the fashion empire’s thriving success. She has had a fragrance named after (Blonde), launched the brand’s second line Versus and ingeniously snapped up Christopher Kane to help her in the process. Versace recently brought back the haute couture Atelier line to the Parisian runways after unveiling a critically acclaimed collection for Spring 2012, following 8 years absence. Whatsmore, Versace custom-created all of Lady Gaga’s costumes for the U.S. leg of her world tour, the Born This Way Ball! A true fashion match made in heaven.
Honorable mentions go to: Cara Delevingne, Naomi Campbell, Adriana Lima, Coco Rocha, Jenna Lyons, Rihanna, and Kate Upton.
Check out the full list, below:
- No.10: Karlie KlossThe hottest and most in-demand ready-to-wear and haute couture runway model of the moment. Photo: @karliekloss" title="">
- No.9: Kate MossBritain’s number one model and fashion icon. She has recently been shortlisted for the coveted title of “Cover of the Century.”" title="">
- No.8: GiseleRanked for six consecutive years as Forbes highest earning model, at million a year, Gisele is also a goodwill ambassador for the UN Environmental Program." title="">
- No.7: Anna WintourThis fashion editor needs no introduction and is the power force behind the celebrity cover girl movement." title="">
- No.6: Diane von FurstenbergVeteran fashion designer, von Furstenberg has been holding the fort in the fashion world for over four decades, and is known for her iconic wrap dress. Photo: @DVF" title="">
- No.5: BeyonceShe can do no wrong in the eyes of fashion, independence, equality, and female empowerment. Beyonce has now teamed up with Salma Hayek and Frida Giannini to launch Gucci's “Chime For Change” campaign. Photo: @baddiebey" title="">
- No.4: Heidi KlumSupermodel and lucrative business woman, Klum, has her own lines of sandals, jewelry, and perfume, and is the judge of “Project Runway.”" title="">
- No.3: Donatella VersacePhoto: @Versace" title="">
- No.2: Tyra Banks" title="">
- No.1: Lady Gaga" title="">
How will you celebrate International Women's Day