When it comes to seeing the world, social media is perfect at showing us the places we want to visit, inspiring people to see the world through their own eyes. But travelling allows people to create their memories and experiences, teaching us both about ourselves and the different cultures we visit. If you’re looking for your next travel destination, here are five of the dreamiest beaches around the world to visit.
1. Horseshoe Bay Beach, Bermuda
Bermuda has been receiving tourists since the Victorian era and is one of the world’s top travel destinations in the world, with Horseshoe Bay beach located on the south of the island. Famous for its turquoise water and pastel-pink sand, the beach is a tourist hotspot, perfect for snorkelling and coastline walks. While the mysteries surrounding the Bermuda Triangle could put people off from visiting, the island itself is home to reggae music, colourful shorts, and traditional foods that keep people returning.
2. Whitehaven Beach, Whitsundays Island, Australia
Located off the coast of Australia, Whitehaven beach is located on Whitsunday Island, the largest island of the 74 Whitsundays, named so after Captain Cook. Only reachable by boat or air, Whitehaven beach really is heaven on earth, with perfect white sands, warm seas, and natural wildlife, the island will continue to remain untouched by the industrial world. If you’re wanting to experience the island at night, camping is your only option, so you’ll need to make sure to pack everything.
3. Tortuga Bay, Santa Cruz Island, Galápagos
The Galápagos Islands are famous for being home to the marine iguana and the Galápagos giant tortoise, with the largest number of endemic species found amongst these islands. Santa Cruz is one of only four of the 18 main islands and three smaller islands inhabited by people and is home to Tortuga Bay, a beach full of fantastical creatures that will offer a purely magical experience.
4. Baia do Sancho, Fernando de Noronha, Brazil
Only reachable by planes from one of two cities, Recife and Natal, Baia do Sancho is one of the best beaches in the world, tucked away off the coast of Brazil. With visitors needing to pay a fee to visit the beach, as well as a mystery trek to reach the sand, it’s worth the wait.
5. White Beach, Boracay, Philippines
Famous for its magical sunsets, Boracay White Beach is a visit that will leave you wanting to return. With beautiful water to swim in, and a chance to witness the famous colourful Kalibo Ati-Atihan Festival held in January, you’ll be planning your return trip before you’ve left the island.
Whether you are spending a day or night at the beach, here are some must-have essentials:
- Swimsuit – Whether you love bikinis or would rather browse the many swim tops by Calypsa, you will be ready for a swim in the ocean or walk along the beach. This is an important detail, so don’t forget to pack your swimwear as you’ll regret it otherwise.
- Picnic Basket – If you’re taking your own food with you, then you’ll need safe storage, and a picnic basket will look perfect in those insta photos.
- Waterproof shoes – Beaches can become uncomfortably hot to walk on during the day, as well as be home to creatures that you don’t want to be standing on with bare feet. By packing a pair of waterproof shoes, you can not only stay safe in the ocean but don’t have to worry about ruining your favourite pair of sandals.
Beaches are one of the hottest tourist destinations and a popular place to go for a holiday or weekend break. By making sure you have everything you need, you can have a relaxing break wherever you choose to go.
Information sourced by the author for luxuryactivist.com. All content is copyrighted with no reproduction rights available. Images are for illustration purposes only.