Hublot just announced this week that world famous brazilian tennis player Gustavo Kuerten, became the new ambassador for the swiss watch brand. To celebrate this event, Hublot launched a very limited edition called the King Power Guga Bang.
Gustavo Kuerten, aka Guga, is three-time winner at Roland Garros and former world number 1 tennis player. He is today member of the International Tennis Hall of Fame. Guga joins a group of world class elite atheltes who became Hublot ambassadors. Athletes like Dwyane Wade, Usain Bolt or Falcâo Garcia.
The new King Power Guga Bang is the alliance between Hublot and Guga’s charity activities. In deed, the tennis champion created an organization to offer opportunities for children, teenagers and people with disabilities. The Guga Kuerten Institute promotes sports workshops and educational activities.
The new King Power Guga Bang bears Guga signature and part of the sales of this watch will go directly to Guga’sinstitute.
In terms of technical details, this very limited edition, just 100 units produced, is a real jewel for timepieces aficionados.
- 48mm case in satin-finish titanium
- Carbon fibre bezel with six black PVD H.shaped screws
- Sapphire crystal with anti-reflective coating
- Titanium crown with a black rubber insert
- Glass case-back covered with a black sticker with illustration in white and grey of the victorious Guga and his signature
- Dial detail: A tennis ball at 3 o’clock
- HUB4100 movement, mechanical chronograph with automatic winding. 252 components and 27 jewels.
- The strap is in adjustable Nomex with a white embroidery in the design of a tennis net and yellow stitching.
- The clasp is in titanium with a titanium cover.
Check the Hublot website for more information here:
If you wish to discover more about the Guga Kuerten institute, check the official website here:
Congratulations to Hublot for this great initiative.
Info sourced at Hublot official communication release, website. All content is copyrighted with no reproduction rights available.