One of the best ways to look effortlessly beautiful is to have luxurious-looking waves. This fresh and romantic hairstyle is a staple for many because it adds definition and life to dull and lackluster hair. However, committing to a perm may not be the best choice, especially because of the potential damage that harsh chemicals can bring.
With the right tools and proper prep, you can easily get the gorgeous curls that you’ve always dreamed of. Here are some tips to keep in mind if you want to create luxurious-looking waves at home:
Flat irons and curling wands can help you create luscious waves that are sure to attract everyone’s attention. However, overusing hot tools can lead to serious hair damage. Not to mention, using these tools requires extra time and effort that you may not always have the patience for. Fortunately, there are various ways to achieve stunning, runway curls without heat.
One way to do this is to tie your hair into a bun, preferably a low one. Wait for a few hours or sleep on it before taking it out. This should give you envy-inducing waves that look natural and soft. Make sure to follow the tips below to ensure the best results:
- Before tying in a bun, apply a curling serum to your towel-dried hair to create greater definition and keep your locks healthy and shiny. You can do this method with either damp or dry hair. With damp hair, you’ll get tighter and longer-lasting curls. However, your hair might still be wet when you take them out since there’s not enough air and space for the strands to dry completely. You can use a hairdryer, but that defeats the purpose of this heatless method.
- After removing the twist of your bun, you’ll get loose waves that aren’t over the top. If you’re after tight, ringlet curls, create multiple buns, partitioning your hair for an even curl.
Use a Curling Iron
If you don’t want to wait for hours before you can achieve silky, bouncy waves, use a curling iron. However, if you’re planning to do this regularly, apply a heat protectant spray first. If you have thin hair, avoid excessive heat styling and protect your locks from damage by always deep conditioning and moisturizing beforehand.
Here are the steps to follow if you want perfect curls that flatter your face shape and complement your outfit for the day:
- Make sure that your hair is completely dry so the curling iron won’t burn your hair.
- You should work with your hair by 2 inches per section.
- Depending on the kind of curls you want to achieve, there are different curling methods you can try.
- Clamp your iron at the very end of your hair and rotate it up and hold it for a few seconds.
- Try to remove the barrel while keeping your curl intact and secure it with a bobby pin to retain its shape.
- Do the rest of your hair and wait for 20 minutes before removing them.
- Brush your hair thoroughly to soften the curls.
Use Sea Salt
Beachy waves look stunning, but effortless. You can rock this look by apply sea salt while you’re styling your hair. Here are the steps you need to follow:
- Squeeze any excess water from your hair after showering and wrap your hair with a cotton shirt.
- Once your hair is damp, spray a massive amount of sea salt to your hair starting from where you want to start your wave (mid-shaft is ideal) and work your way until the end. Make sure to avoid the scalp area.
- Scrunch your hair using the same cotton shirt to add volume and texture.
- Air dry and enjoy this popular summer style.
- To make the curls last, you can also blow dry your hair with a low heat with a diffuser attachment.
There are so many ways to create luxurious-looking waves with the heat and without heat. Using heat is faster, but it can damage your hair over time, especially if you don’t have the right tools and products. Heatless methods are more natural and cause less damage, but they provide less control over the tightness of your curls.
No matter what method you choose to curl your hair, always make sure that you’re following a good hair care regimen to keep your locks in the best shape possible. You should make sure that your choice of hairstyle would complement your face shape and highlight your most attractive features.
Information sourced by the author for luxuryactivist.com. All content is copyrighted with no reproduction rights available. Images are for illustration purposes only.