This month Bentley motors announced the launch of its new Continental GT V8. A pure adrenaline car with the british elegance touch. They just revealed a new video showing a very interesting story-telling around this new beauty.
In the Automobile industry some names are associated to history and some of them become legends. Bentley Motors Limited is a British manufacturer of automobiles founded on 18 January 1919 by Walter Owen Bentley (known as W.O. Bentley or just “W.O.”). Bentley had been previously known for his range of aero-engines in World War I, the most famous being the Bentley BR1 as used in later versions of the Sopwith Camel. Since 1998, the company has been owned by theVolkswagen Group of Germany. The firm is based in Crewe, England with their Central Production Facilities being based there.
The new GT V8 is as powerful as elegant. The clues are there. The dark mesh radiator grille, ringed by bright metal. The aggressive lower bumper with its three air intakes. The dark rear valance, with its twin exhaust tailpipes shaped into an elongated, side-on figure eight. And one further small, but significant detail: a red enamel Bentley winged ‘B’. These are the tell-tale signs of an all-new Bentley, powered by a 4.0 litre V8 engine.
From the distinctive backbeat of its eight cylinders at idling speed to the glorious snarl of full-throttle acceleration, the new V8 offers an exhilarating, involving and passionate route to Bentley Continental ownership. All-wheel drive and an eight-speed transmission transmit its power to the road with unshakable precision. This is a Bentley that can both stir the soul or calm the spirit, according to the mood of the driver or the conditions.
In terms of performance:
– 4.0 litre V8 engine
– A massive 660 Newton metres of torque at the comparatively low engine speed of 1700rpm.
– 60 miles an hour in just 4.6 seconds.
– 188mph (303 km/h).
– 8 speed transmission and accounts for 6% of the total 40% efficiency gain achieved by the new V8.
– Real time monitoring of tyre pressures.
– 8 sound speakers system with 15GB of storage for music, iPod, MP3, 6 disc CD charger and SD card.
– Navigation system with online access points, 30GB disc drive + Satellite landscape imagery.
– Touch screen with finger zoom in and zoom out.
– Bluetooth connection for phones or Sim Card insertion.
Check here the beautiful emotional video. A brilliant imagery for automobile passionate people.
Do you feel your heart race? I do.
Info sourced at Bentleymotors.com and Bentleymotors youtube channel