Girard Perregaux highlights of the month is the reveal of its Vintage 1945 Tourbillon with three gold bridges. This edition will be available only in 50 units worldwide and represents the perfect blend of timeless elegance, excellence in watch-making and pure technology.
All the heritage of Girard Perregaux in a master piece built on the acclaimed Tourbillon with threefold Bridges. A magnificent work of noble materials with high-end techniques.
Girard Perregaux has its origins back to 1791 and is a high-class watch manufacturer situated in La Chaux-de-Fonds. It is part of the Sowing group, a subsidiary of PPR. When Constant Girard founded his company in 1852. After a successful marriage with Marie Perregaux, he creates Girard Perregaux Manufacture in 1856. In 1906, Mr. Constant Girard-Gallet who took over the company from his father, took over the Bautte House and merge all companies into Girard Perregaux & Cie. Since that time the company wrote its history with golden letters. The 80’s is an important decade for the company as the strategy will reinforce the company’s position in the domain of prestigious mechanical timepieces under the control of the Macaluso Family. The years 2000 will bring a new breath as Girard Perregaux join PPR Group via the Sowing group (owned by the Macaluso family).
The company proudly designs and produces its own movements, which in the today’s industry it is a real advantage. While the watch-making industry started the race to components, some lucky brands can still survive thanks to clever investments in the past. So Girard Perregaux has an amazing collection of high-end movements, in which the Tourbillon with 3 gold Bridges is the emblematic piece since 1884. That was the date in which the company presented to the Patent Office a patent of a revolutionary Tourbillon with three gold Bridges. Thanks to this creation, Girard Perregaux got the gold medal at the Universal Exposition of Paris in 1889.
In this limited edition, the Case and the Bridges are fashioned in Pink Gold. they form a striking contrast with the color of the main plate. The three Bridges are designed like double sided arrows and present a soft Art-Déco touch to this Timepiece.
There is an interesting purity on the overall design. And the secret: Several hand made details that contributes to the specific line of this timepiece. All the hand-made work results into this extreme delicate design.
The tourbillon is also a challenge with its 72 components assembled inside a diameter of only 12 mm. The self-winding caliber (GP9600) has a integrated micro-rotor housed under the barrel. The sapphire back reveals in a generous way all the beauty of the mechanism.
Here a more detailed list of the technical specifications:
- Pink-gold case with domed anti-glare sapphire glass
- Back: with anti-glare sapphire
- Dimensions: 36.10 mm x 35.25 mm
- Water resistance: 30 meters
- Crown: pink gold, engraved with GP logo
- Dial: matte anthracite surface treatment (NAC) on the mainplate
- Hands: gold regatta, diamond polished
- Movement Girard-Perregaux 9600-0019,
- Mechanical self-winding
- Functions: Tourbillon, hours, minutes
- Dimensions: 28.60 mm x 30.30 mm
- Total thickness: 3.20 mm
- Jewels: 31 jewels
- Power reserve: minimum 48 hours
- Winding: automatic, hand-brushed platinum rotor
- Frequency: 21,600 vibrations/hour (3 Hz)
- Components Number: 257
- Balance wheel: variable inertia with gold regulating screws (diameter 8.35 mm)
- Balance-spring: Breguet, Philips terminal curve
- Mainplate: anthracite (NAC) surface treatment, vertical guilloché on top,
- pearling and guilloché below, hand-polished angles
- Lower gear train bridge: vertical guilloché, hand-polished angles
- Barrel: engraved cover with hand-applied circular guilloché and brushing
- Rhodium-plated barrel, central and tourbillon bridges: in gold, hand-polished angles brushed top and edges
- 72 components weighing a total of 0.3 grams
- one rotation per minute
- upper and lower carriages beveled and polished by hand
- escapement and pallet bridges beveled and polished by hand
- Alligator strap
- Folding clasp in pink gold
Feel convinced? check here on the official Brand website for more information:
info sourced at the brand official website. All images are copyrighted with no reproduction rights available.