Parmigiani Fleurier is a high-end Swiss watchmaker brand founded in 1976 in Fleurier, Switzerland. It was founded by Michel Parmigiani. The foundation of this amazing brand is based on the talent of restoring watchmaking artefacts and the inspiration of mechanical movements of the past.
In a world in which watchmakers are having a hard time fighting into a kind of “red ocean” for components, some brands just go throught it thanks to alot of know how, patience and passion. And Parmigiani is definitely one of them.
All Parmigiani’s Timepieces has at least 400 jours of work. They are all hand-made with movements produced in-house. This quite confidential brand got a major communication breakthrough in 2006 when they got the Watch of the year award for its Bugatti 370. It is said that they produce only 1,000 units per year and most of their watches are produced in very limited edition. These makes it simply a very exclusive
In terms of collections, here are some of the Luxuryactivist highlights.
- Kalpa Grande Automatic Gold and Palladium
- Limited edition: 100 pieces
- Automatic winding, Power reserve 55 hours
- Caliber PF331.01
- Double spring barrel “Côtes de Genève” décoration
- Chamfered bridges oscillating weight in 22ct gold
- Functions: Hours, minutes, seconds or small seconds at 6 o’clock, date aperture
- Tonneau case: 46.6 x 34.0 mm
- 18ct white gold and 950 palladium
- Water resistant: 30m
- Sapphire crystal with anti -reflection treatment
- Straps/bracelet: Hermès calf leather with tongue buckle
- Openworked Tourbillon
- Caliber PF511, PVD main plate and bridges. 30 sec. tourbillon
- One week power reserve
- Functions: Hours, Minutes, Centre seconds, Power reserve indicator
- Round case 45 mm 18ct rose gold and palladium
- Water resistance: 200m
- Unidirectional turning bezel
- Anti-reflective sapphire crystal
- Regulated tension crown: 8mm
- Case-back with Crystal sapphire
- 1 palladium version, bezel set with 60 “baguette cut” diamonds.
- Straps: Hermès alligator with safety folding buckle
- Toric retrograde perpetual calendar
- Caliber PF333.01 automatic winding
- Power reserve 55 hours
- Double spring barrel «Côtes de Genève» decoration
- Hand-chamfered bridges, steel stoned lengthwise
- Oscillating weight in 22 ct gold
- Functions: Hours, minutes,seconds, precision moon phase, perpetual calendar with apertures (day, retrograde date, month and leap year).
- Round case 40.5 mm in 18ct white gold
- Bezel with single radial knurling variant set with 60 baguette cut diamonds
- Water resistant: 30m
- Sapphire crystal with anti-reflection treatment
- Individual number engraved on the back
- Strap: Hermès alligator with tongue buckle
Please visit the brand official website to discover the other timepieces among amazing collection.
When the luxury industry started loosing its soul to financial leading, some brands stands out for their convictions and the valorization of traditional know-how. Many established watch brands could follow the example of Parmigiani.
Info sourced at the brand official website, wikipedia and worldtempus. All content is copyrighted with no reproduction rights available.