Elīna Garanča is launching a new album in september 2012 called Romantique. A collection of songs of love and despair.
According to Deutsche Gramophon it is an album for the fans! You can listen to the high class Diva singing works by Berlioz, Donizetti, Gounod, Saint-Saëns, Tchaikovsky and Vaccai. Elīna Garanča is accompanied by the Filarmonica del Teatro Comunale di Bologna – Yves Abel.
The impressive track list :
- Gaetano Donizetti, La Favorite, Act 3, “Oh! Mon Ferdinand”
- Camille Saint-Saëns, Samson et Dalila, Act 2, “Mon coeur s’ouvre à ta voix”
- Peter Llych Tchaikovsky, The Maid of Orleans (sung in Russian), Act 1, “Farewell you native hills and fields”
- Charles Gounod, Sapho-opera in 3 acts, Act 3, “O ma lyre immortelle”
- Charles Gounod, Faust, “Faites-lui mes aveux”
- Nicola Vaccai, Giulietta e Romeo, Act 2, “Giulietta! oh! mia Giulietta! Ah! se tu dormi”
- Hector Berlioz, La Damnation de Faust, Op.24, Part 4, Scène 15, Romance, “D’amour l’ardente flamme”
- Edouard Lalo, Le Roi d’Ys, Act 2, “De tous cotés – Lorsque je t’ai vu soudain”
- Charles Gounod, La Reine de Saba, Act 3, “Plus grand, dans son obscurité”
There is also a very elegant and romantic video for the promotion of this album. Here below my preferred moments and the full video.
You can see this information in the official website of Deutsche Grammophon here.
Purely sublime and available on September 3rd 2012.
info sourced at the Deutche Grammophon website and Opera forum. All images are copyrighted with no reproduction rights available.