There is plenty of information out there providing tips about luxury womenswear but not nearly as much for menswear. Of course, there is an increasing interest from more people who want to dress their best and appear effortlessly stylish regardless of gender. If you aren’t fortunate enough to have endless disposable income, trying to appear luxurious on a budget can be difficult. However, there are ways you can create a luxurious look without wasting your money on unnecessarily expensive items. Here is some advice that will help you look and feel more luxurious.
Know Your Style
Discovering what you like to wear the most can be a challenge, especially if you have never taken the time to consider it before. If you set aside some time to look at what items you gravitate towards most often and what qualities they share, you will likely see a pattern. Look for commonalities in textures, patterns, types of fabric, and fit. If you haven’t worn something for over a year, consider donating or selling it. Your style doesn’t need to adhere to a well-defined aesthetic since it is uniquely yours. It is easier to appear luxurious when you are committed to your own style rather than simply following a trend set by someone else.
Invest in Quality
High-quality clothes and accessories might cost more than their cheaper counterparts upfront, but they will save you money in the long run and add to your luxurious look. Pieces that are made to a high standard will last much longer and won’t need replacing as often. For example, a good pair of men’s cowboy boots can be the perfect everyday footwear choice compared to flimsy sneakers or slides that fall apart easily. It’s about having fewer, better items rather than many poorly made ones.
Look After Your Body
Apart from honing your style and investing in quality pieces, looking after your body is a great way to feel more luxurious without necessarily changing how you dress. Here are some aspects to focus on:
- Fitness – Maintaining a body that you feel comfortable moving in is important not only for appearances but also for your health.
- Diet – Eating well can improve your mood and make your body feel like it is fulfilling its potential. Feeling healthier can make your body work like a finely tuned machine.
- Hair – If you have hair, identify your hair type and research the best methods of caring for it. If you have no hair, take care of your scalp with nourishing shampoo.
- Skin – Clear and smooth skin is a sure sign of luxury. Develop a skincare routine tailored to your specific dermatological needs.
- Nails – Clean, neat nails are a sign of good health and grooming, adding to your overall luxury look. It’s amazing how impactful the small details can be.
Build Your Confidence
Learning to carry yourself with confidence will help you feel more luxurious in your own skin. Once you have mastered the art of self-acceptance, you will be better able to admire your own qualities and enjoy your luxurious life to the fullest.
Information sourced by the author for luxuryactivist.com. All content is copyrighted with no reproduction rights available. Images are for illustration purposes only.